How much do you charge?


What should I bring for Boyle & Company to prepare my taxes?


What is a Personal Property Return?


Where is my refund?


Can I pay my taxes online?


Where can I get copies of tax forms?



How much do you charge?


Fees are charged by the hour for most services, and rates vary depending on
the type and complexity of your project.


What should I bring for Boyle & Company to prepare my taxes?


All tax documents you have received for you and your family & dependents will be needed in order to prepare your return.  If you are a new client, a copy of your most recently filed returns will be necessary.  We can send you a tax organizer form, which includes a checklist of needed items.


What is a Personal Property Return?


In general, business entities, including sole proprietors, are required to file an annual Personal Property Return in the state or states in which they hold business-use personal property.  Personal property generally includes furniture, fixtures, office and industrial equipment,

machinery, tools, supplies, inventory, and any other property not classified as
real property.  Failure to file this annual form and pay any applicable filing fee
can result in an inability to obtain certain business licenses, forfeiture of an entity’s corporate charter, and loss of the privilege to do business in the state
of noncompliance.  Below are due dates and extended due dates for selected jurisdictions:


Maryland:  Due April 15, extended due date June 15.  Taxes are levied by local authorities, but are filed by standardized return through the State.

            Website: http://www.dat.state.md.us/sdatweb/personal.html

Virginia:  Generally due May 1, but may vary, as property is taxed locally.  Contact the local tax authority (city or county) to obtain specific information


Pennsylvania: Levied locally; contact the local tax authority (city or county) to obtain specific information


Where is my refund?


If you filed your tax return and have not yet received your refund, you can access these websites or call these phone numbers to find out if your return has been received and your refund has been processed:


Federal Return – IRS


Or call 1-800-829-1954




Or call 1-800-218-8160 or 410-260-7701 from Central Maryland




Or call (804) 367-2486 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. on business days


Washington, D.C.


Or call (202) 727-4TAX if you did not file electronically


Can I pay my taxes online?


Most government agencies now provide methods to pay your taxes electronically.  However, to use the online payment feature, you will usually
need to also file your return electronically.  Payments can be made with credit card if you file either a paper or electronic return.  See these links for details:


IRS payment options



Maryland payment options



Virginia payment options



Washington, D.C. payment options


(Click on “DC Online Filing” or “Pay by Credit Card”)


Where can I get copies of tax forms?


Tax forms are available through the following websites.  Most forms are available in Adobe Acrobat PDF format, and can be completed and printed using your computer.  Note that some tax forms, such as certain sales & use tax forms, must be filed using the original paper form mailed to you, as the form contains magnetically coded ink.


IRS Federal Forms:



Maryland tax forms


(Several categories of forms available under the “Tax forms” header on the left)


Virginia tax forms



Washington, D.C. tax forms